SMART INFORMATION WE PROVIDE
- Selling Prices by Area
- Rents by Area
- Price/Rent Ratios (GRM) by Area
- Comparatives by County/City/Zip/Neighborhood
- Market Analytics
* DATA VS. INFORMATION
Good information is key to any financial decision making. Real estate information drives your choices.
Information is meaningful data.
- What information do you need to make good real estate investing decisions?
Some issues may seem valuable to investors, like:
- What is the average price of income properties in this area?
- What are average rents in this area?
Here’s a recent snapshot of the local residential income property market (1-4s) in Los Angeles & Orange Counties that we did:
|TOTAL RENTS AVAIL||$69,745,000||$12,900,000|
|PRIOR 12 MONTHS:|
|MEDIAN SELLING PRICE||$494,000||$837,000|
|MEDIAN % ASKING||93%||95%|
What does this information tell you? Here’s what we see:
- There are about 7 times more income properties available in Los Angeles County than Orange County
- Orange County income properties are way more expensive than LA County properties
- Orange County income properties get more income than LA County properties, both Per Property and Per Unit
- OC income properties sell for slightly more relative to the Asking price than their Los Angeles county counterparts
Q: How useful is this information?
A: Not very, even for determining where to start looking
*** REALLY USEFUL INFORMATION
Here’s an interesting analysis we did recently in Long Beach that shows what you can get for different types of real estate investments on a “per unit” basis (“GSI” is “Gross Scheduled Income”):
|# UNITS||# PROPERTIES||AVE ANNUAL GSI||AVE ANNUAL GSI/UNIT|
Since there was only 1 Single Family Residence in the analysis, it’s not truly indicative of what goes on there. However, there are plenty of Duplexes in the analysis, and they are more lucrative than Triplexes and Fourplexes. That is probably why they are so popular for investors.
**** INFORMATION YOU CAN U$E
Examples of useful information we track include:
- Local Rent Trends (if you are interested in how rental incomes are faring)
- Local Appreciation Trends (for future property value growth)
- Local Price/Rent Ratios (GRM) (to leverage your investment properly with good cash flow)
And we are looking at these by area:
- City (coarse look)
- Zip Code (finer look)
- Neighborhood (finest look)
***** WORKING WITH SMART REAL ESTATE INVESTING SYSTEM
This is only an example of what we can do for you. The SMART Real Estate Investing System goes in depth when we do research for clients, and we are building up a database of useful investing information that will be valuable for years to come.
We would love to talk to you about your investing needs, and share our expertise to help you reach your financial goals. Please feel free to contact us with any questions about residential income property investing. We’d be glad to help.